NeCS is the H2020 EU Network in Cyber Security project (Marie Curie Inn. Training Network: MCSA ITN) that targets research and training activities in the broad area of cyber security. NeCS is currently recruiting 15 PhD positions (i.e., 15 ESRs: Early Stage Researchers) to be enrolled in computer security PhD programs.
The ESR positions are offered in different countries:
The scope of each position is presented here:
- Italy: 4 positions at National Research Council of Italy (CNR) and 2 positions at University of Trento (UNITN);
- Spain: 2 positions at University of Malaga (UMA) and 2 positions at Atos;
- Germany: 1 position at Technical University of Darmstadt (TUD);
- UK: 2 positions at British Telecom (BT) and 2 positions at University of Kent (UoK).
- Position 1 CNR Risk aware data usage control
- Position 2 CNR Risk assessment for cyber-insurance
- Position 3 UMA Metrics for cyber-security
- Position 4 UMA Trustworthy information exchange
- Position 5 CNR Dynamic threat assessment & prediction
- Position 6 TUD Security risk measurement & SLAs
- Position 7 UNITN Risk metrics for vulnerabilities
- Position 8 UNITN Attack vectors & cyber-threats
- Position 9 BT Security Operations management systems and services and EU policy compliance
- Position 10 UoK Privacy- and Secrecy- preserving, Secure Processing of Big-Data / EU policy compliance
- Position 11 BT Multi-staged attack & advanced malware
- Position 12 ATOS Intelligence & incident information sharing
- Position 13 ATOS Run-time adaptation of security
- Position 14 CNR Usage control for information sharing
- Position 15 UoK Modelling and analysing trust and influence in social networks
By the nature of this training network, all ESR positions also involve secondments (similar to an internship) to other NeCS partners to broaden and enrich the ESRs skills and experience. The planned secondments are usually 15-30% of the overall time of employment.
NeCS provides competitive financial support to the ESR including a competitive monthly living and mobility allowance, coverage of the expenses related to the participation in the research and training activities (contribution to research-related costs, meetings, conference attendance, training actions, etc.). Each ESR position will be sustained by NeCS for up to 3 years.
- The applicants should, at the time of selection, be in the first four years of their research careers (measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would entitle them to embark on a doctorate).
- The applicants should not be in possession of a doctoral degree, but should have the necessary qualifications to embark on a PhD program. All the ESRs will be required to be enrolled in the PhD programs.
- The applicants (regardless of their nationalities) must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting organization for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
The applications are performed in two stages:
- Phase I (Central Network Application): The applicant sends to
email@example.com a single pdf file containing the following:
- CV in the EuroPass format (with list of publications and at least two contacts for reference)
- Statement expressing their research interest and plans, and
- Desired position(s) # and name(s) of host entity.
- Phase II (Local enrolment): After passing the conformance check in Phase I, the application follows the local recruitment procedures of the selected NeCS recruiting organization to conduct the local enrolment.
Applications will be reviewed in a streaming manner with first selection starting 15th of March 2015.